Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Note to Self

Dear Self,
 You say you walk by faith and not by sight? Then tell me, how long will you continue to play the victim? How long will you act a fool for loved ones that never return the favor? How long will you sit on the sidelines and watch other people live the life you were meant to live? You have gifts but you refuse to use them. Instead, you would much rather live life through others because you think they have it better. You think everyone has a better life than yours! You really can't stand the way your life is right now.  News flash! Your life is the way it is because of the decisions YOU have made! So when are you going to do something about that? You are the author and the sole maker of what you have surrounded yourself with. You sit around and watch reality TV shows and think that is how you should live. You work and sleep and expect a man is suppose to knock on your door and ask you to marry him! You dream of winning the lottery but never buy a lottery ticket! You spend most of your free time sleeping rather than living and enjoying your own life! You fail to do anything with the creative gifts you were given. My God woman, where is your faith??
Sweetie, the WORLD is waiting for you to move! Do SOMETHING! Anything is better than nothing at all. Yeah, I know all of your excuses "I'm too fat, I need to lose weight then I can go out and have a good time!" or "Yeah I can sing, but they aren't looking for people that can sing, its an image they want and I don't fit that!"  and my favorite, "I want everything to be perfect and done right before I start this new book project!" You want to know a secret? Nothing is perfect! I have bought novels by bests selling authors that have had spelling mistakes and errors in them, yet they still sold millions! The point I am trying to make to you is that perfection is not what makes a person unique. It is the imperfections-the flaws that build character and add flare to a person's life. Don't ever use perfection as an excuse not to get started or to fail to do something because you will never achieve it! You talk about faith but where is it? You aren't living a life of faith right now!  Faith is about taking action hoping for a end result that was greater than what you first started from.
My advise to you, my dear, is to start doing something! You can seek perfection, never to achieve it, and still be great! Stop comparing your life to others and using their actions as an excuse not to do your part! Everyone has a role to play. Just be the best YOU that you can be and let your gifts shine to the world so that others just like you will become inspired! Renew that passion and zeal for a successful life that you once had before!
Remember, your life is a journey of paths filled with twists and turns. Some paths have pot holes and boulders that are there only to discourage you from moving forward. When that occurs, you must recognize it and decide to either forfeit or overcome! Faith is not about waiting for something to happen. So get a move on! Gather your faith and courage and just do it! It will be all worth it in the end! I promise! 
My beloved, be encouraged, be inspired, but most of all be blessed!