Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Ex-Fiance

To My Ex-Fiance,
Yesterday was a day like none other. It was a day that I will remember for years and years to come.Yesterday was our wedding day!  You should have seen me! Finally, after 35 years of being single, I had finally found my soul mate. The mystery had unfolded itself and  it was you!All of my hopes and dreams have all become reality! You were my intended husband! I had dreamed of becoming your wife since the first time I laid eyes on you. The day we met was like a fairy tale! You wined and dined me, up until the very night you proposed to me and I said yes! You took my breath away and everyone knew you were mine!
All the women in the church were jealous of our love. They talked about us non stop but we didn't care. I didn't care because being with you was all I cared about. I didn't mind not seeing you for weeks at a time, because when we did spend time together, you pulled out all the stops. Hell, If it wasn't diamonds, it was expensive trips around the world! I never was one to brag about being a kept woman, but you sure kept me! I never missed a hair appointment, masseuse  or spa treatment! My nails always stayed fly thanks to you.  When you asked me to quit school, I did! When you asked me to sell my car so I could drive yours, I did! When you asked  me to move away from my family to closer to yours, I did! I never questioned your motives, I just did whatever you asked of me because I was so in love with you. I was so blinded by love that I never in my wildest imagination would have thought you  would do this to me! I never thought that you would leave me at the altar!
I have heard of runaway brides, but grooms? That is just sad! How could you stand me up after 5 years of dating 3 of which we lived together?  You told me I was the love of your life! You proposed to me remember? Why do that and have me plan and invite all these people knowing you were never going to show up? I'm speechless! I should have known something was up when your parents didn't show up! I just thought everyone was running late! I called your phone number and it had gotten disconnected! Wow, in a day? Really? You just leave me with no warning, no word and no explanation? It is really bad when I had to hear everything from your brother- He told me everything!
He said that you never really loved me. He told me about your high school sweetheart, how she dumped you a couple of months before we met. You were so in love with her that you decided to date women that looked like her, dressed like her, smelled like her! Surprise! I guess that simpleton was me, huh! Now that I think of it, I never understood why you treated me the way you did, as if we had known each other forever. I also know that within a year after we moved in together, you started dating her again and had gotten her pregnant! I really played myself on this one!
People tried to tell me but I refused to listen! I said they were just jealous! little did I know that while you were out with her, I was busy playing the fool! I was home playing the doting wife! Just thinking about it makes me angry! Why ask me to marry you if you loved her that much? I guess you couldn't leave me so you decided to play us both until you made your decision! I heard you married her at The Justice of The Peace on the same day you and I were to be married! How classy of you! Well, at least I got the diamonds! I won't keep them, I will just pawn them to get the money I spent for this stupid ass wedding! Just thinking about you makes me angry and want revenge! So tonight, I will burn everything that ever reminds me of you and am moving back home! I will finish school, and never think about you ever again! I will never make the mistake of forsaking all for the sake of one man! Nobody is worth that sacrifice but God! And last time I checked, you aren't Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment