Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Rebound Chick

Dear Friend,
Ever since I met you our relationship has been out of the ordinary. At the time we met I had already made the decision not to have sex with anyone else until I knew one way or another that the relationship was stable. During this time you told about yourself. You told me that you were in the process of getting a divorce, and that your wife had left you for another guy. I felt sorry for you. You told me how much you loved her and wanted to be with her and she hurt you so bad. At the time I couldn't believe that a woman would not want a guy like you. To me, you were the perfect catch! You were handsome, you kept your body in shape by always working out. You ate right for the most part, and you didn't smoke or drink alcohol. You were easy to talk to and could hold a great conversation. You had all the makings of a good man! You really seemed interested in me and what I had to offer. You were very attentive and you listened to me.
Why did she leave you? What was it about you that made her go? As time went on, I began to discover your ways, but by then it was too late. I had already developed feelings for you. I remember the first time you told me you loved me! I felt so good, and thought it was a great time to just tell you and express to you my feelings as well! Unfortunately for me, you found someone else after less than a year of dating and these were yourr words, " I think it's time for me to settle down with one woman and I have someone in mind,so I think its time for you and I to stop dating. Thank you for getting me through this time, I couldn't have done this without you. I never thought I could bring myself into being in another relationship!" It seemed like the end for me, I thought my life was over. I was so devastated and I felt so alone. I fell in love too quick. You were the right man with all the wrong circumstances and I had no chance from the start! I was the rebound girl and nobody marries the rebound! They marry the girl after the rebound. I get it! Being with you has taught me a life lesson and that is to never allow myself to fall in love with an emotionally unavailable man who has yet to put to rest his emotional ties to his ex. Otherwise, I'm just another rebound chick!

No comments:

Post a Comment