Friday, August 26, 2011

Digging For Gold

Love,
I am writing you this letter to explain who I am and what I am all about. Remember when you took me to meet your family and your mother was giving me those funny looks and told you that she didn't think I was the right fit for you? Well, she was right. When I first met you, I was attracted not to you but everything you had and what you could offer to my life. Growing up in poverty was never easy for me. I grew up in the projects where the only goal was to get pregnant by somebody just to get some government assistance. My mother always told me that having a man to provide for me was the only way for me to get out of being poor. She said the reason our family was so broke is because she didn't have a man to provide for her. She drilled it in me and my sisters' brains that once we become of age to always gain the attention of men and she showed us how. My sister snagged the captain of our high school basketball team, and he eventually went to the pros, but not before getting my sister pregnant! They ended up getting married and now my sister lives in a mansion in Beverly Hills.
When you and I got together you were saying all the right things. You said that you would provide for me, pay all my bills, buy me a car and keep me looking fly in the latest and greatest clothing styles and shoes. You even bought me a big house to prove your worth and I enjoyed every minute of it. You showed me the kind of life I always thought I deserved. I was trying my darnedest to get pregnant by you but somehow I could never do it. I thought the money would last forever, but when the housing market fell through and you lost all of your clients, we became broke. We were still spending money like we were still rich, and ended up losing the house. Now, here we are living with your mother trying to make ends meet. All I can feel right now is betrayed! You said you would provide and take care of my needs and you haven't. I know I should be more understanding and care about how this makes you feel, but I wasn't raised like that. So, I'm writing you this letter to tell you that I have been seeing Tom, your ex boss. He has promised to take care of me and provide for me the way you promised but could not. I hope you find yourself a way out of this rut you are in and when you do, give me a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment