Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Pastor's Wife

Husband,
I can't believe this!? What in the HELL were you thinking?? Oh you thought I wouldn't find out when they evicted our ministry from the building we held dear? Did you not think I would find out when the cops pulled me over and asked me to get out of MY CAR and have me get my belonging from the car on a busy intersection where EVERYONE I KNOW can see me get my car repossessed while I'm driving it?? Really??? Or, did you not think I would find out when they put chains on the doors of our home, with a note tied around the lock saying  and I quote "Pay Up Pastor!"!!??? This is our home that you told me we own! How could you not have told me the truth?! How is that any way for a woman of God to live?? My reputation is ruined! My credentials as a Minister of the Gospel is ruined! How could you not have told me what was going on?! Did you not think that had I would have known maybe I could have helped you fix this mess before it got to this!? What were you thinking?? You say you love me but is this how you show love to your life partner? That when the going gets tough, leave them with the humiliation and the bills..right?? I thought you were a man of God. Why would you skip town and desert me? I can't help but think this was your plan all along. Is this what ministry is all about? If so, I want no part of this!
I was fine all by myself just being a member of my family church when you met me. You told me you loved me and that God had a plan for my life, and that we together would change the World. When I fell in love with your vision, I fell in love with you. You  had so much passion and desire to please God, I just wanted to share that and be apart of that with you. What happened? Where did we fall short of God's glory and start to seek our own? What did I do? I never told you but there have been rumors about you sleeping with members of the congregation, but I stood by you! I never once doubted MY HUSBAND! When people were saying horrible things to you, when nobody had your back, I HAD YOUR BACK!  It was me! I stood up for you, and took the brunt of all their frustration!! ME! But now, my heart is broken and it feels as though someone picked up a jagged knife and stabbed me in the back so deep it punctured my heart!! Yes, I am angry! Yes, I am confused, Yes, I feel abused, but most of all, I am hurt!
But one thing for sure, as God is my witness, as He was before when I first met you, I will survive! Believe it or not, you aren't the first imp to try an and steal my joy and life from God, and you won't be the last, but let it be known to the next imp and no-name joker who tries to step between me and God, he has a fight on his hands. Sweetie, If you have taught me anything from this drama you put me through, you have taught me that I am an OVER-COMER because I over came YOU! Only To God Be The Glory!! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment