Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Break-Up

To My Dearest Darling,
First of all, let me just tell you that I love you, and I love the time we have shared together. Being with you has taught me so much and without your love and adoration, I don't think I would be where I am today. We have been through some rough times together, and that makes us more than just lovers, it makes us survival partners for life! Nothing and no one will ever take our memories on what we have endured together away from us.
With that said, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that our time together as a couple has run its course. Its time we both moved on to bigger and better things. I know what you are feeling right now, and trust me, I have given this a lot of thought and I think that it's best for me to move on. Now, that I have graduated from college, I have a new found perspective on life and its time for me to go on and experience everything that life has to offer. I just can't see that with you in my life. You have changed babe, and it has not been for the better. Since you lost your job, you have been staying home all day, smoking weed and playing video games.
Every time I ask you to help me around the house, you either ignore me or through a tantrum, and run off in my car to your mom's house. I can't take this anymore! You are never around when I need you, yet you are always in need of me. I had to bail you out of jail for non-payment on your child support then ended up paying your child support just to keep you current!  I tried helping you find a job, but you insist on working for yourself saying "I want to be my own boss, not work for the white man, making him rich!", which makes no sense because you are half white. You are always jumping on to these pyramid "get rich quick" schemes that just soak up all of my money. I even caught you trying to sell weed  from my own car!
When you do find something you are good at, you never stick with it! To be honest, I am really tired of your double minded ways. At one point I thought we were on the fast track of getting married, but now I am glad we decided against it. You are unstable, and a woman like me need stability. One day you hot, the next day you are cold. Its exhausting! I love you, I do and I want to see you succeed and have the best life possible for you, but I just don't think that life is with me, because if I stay, I will only enable your dependency on me , and hinder my potential for growth.
So, when you get back from your mother's house, don't be alarmed to see that all of my things are gone, and my key to the apartment is on the table. I changed my phone number so don't bother calling me. I am leaving town, got a job up-state and I won't be coming back! Maybe with me gone, you can focus on getting your life together so the next woman won't have to suffer what I just went through. Just be a better man honey! Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment