Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Straight Trippin'

To My One and Only Love,
Wow! Time sure does fly fast. Its seems like just yesterday we had just graduated college and ready to explore all that the world has to offer. You, with your bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, and I,with my Masters Degree in Physics. Do you remember the course load? INCREDIBLE! I'm still in shock that I actually finished. But you struggled too. You juggled being an All-American college football star, with long hours in the gym training, out-of-town games and such. Its amazing we both came out on top, but we did. WE MADE IT! We finally finished school. You know, looking back I remember thinking that if we stayed together through all of that, we could stay together through anything that life would bring us! But, I never expected we would change. I never expected you would change how you viewed me, respected me, and adored me.
Sweetie, what's really going on with you? Ever since you hurt your knee, and the association decided to draft Charlie as the number one draft pick, you have been acting strange. You no longer want to hang out with our friends anymore. You haven't been going to the gym, yet you eat like you are still in training. You have been steadily gaining weight, your hair is getting thinner, and you sleep all day! It has been 3 years! When are you going to get off your but and do something with your life? I feel like you are living in the past! You are still carrying around this disappointment from your professional football career, that never really happened! Sweetheart, I know they hurt you, I know they were supposed to chose you, BUT they didn't. Yes, your knee is fine now and if they would have just taken the chance and picked you, you would probably have given the team a great season! But honey, you have to face the facts that, that phase of your life is now over! Now is the time to move on to bigger and better things, you have a lot more to offer this society than just being a ball player! You just have to believe in yourself like I do.
Sweetie, I love you and I care about what happens to you and to be honest, your depression is filtering down upon me. You are starting to treat me different. If I go to the grocery store, you want to know who I talked to, and what did I get. When I go out with my friends, you want to know who the person is in the backseat, who is driving, and what time I will be back. God forbid I get back a little later than I intended! You practically have a tantrum! Babe, our relationship was NEVER like this. I never worried about who you were holding company with, and you used to never worry about that with me. I'm a grown woman, able to come and go as I please! What's worse, I have noticed you following me to work, making sure I got to the lab! Who does that??! You call the lab every hour on the hour! It has gotten so bad,that my boss has issued a new policy for phone calls and I have gotten reprimanded twice! Please,you have to stop doing this! You are trippin' on me for NO REASON! Stop coming up to my job causing a scene, talking about you want to see who my lab associates were. This is my place of business, not a place to put all our business out on front street! I have had enough of this out of you.
Why are you trippin' on me? I have never cheated on you or anything like that? Why are you treating me like this? By the way, I have noticed that some of my contacts, who just happen to be male associates of mine, have been deleted from my i-phone. Do I need to block you from  using my phone? So, I guess all those times you asked to borrow my phone, you were reading my text messages and deleting my contacts! You know what, mother warned me of men like you! You have really changed. I have tried to stay around as long as I could but,this relationship has become too toxic for me right now. I think we need to separate for awhile. Just until you find a job, and get yourself together. You need to get your life back on track, and I think focusing on yourself will help you do that. From now on you do you and let me do me because you are trippin' hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment