Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Over Before It Really Started

To Some Guy,
If I had to go on actions alone then I would say you have made your thoughts about me crystal clear. You told me the reason why you never called me after our date was that you were afraid to hurt my feelings and you did not want me to take my hurt out on the next guy. You were sparing me any pain. Wow! You really are lame to think that, as if you are so great and have that much control over my life. Sweetie, I am not one of these fragile women who gets their heart broken by ONE guy and thinks all men are that way. I am also not the kind of woman needing a man in her life just to validate her self worth. My happiness is my responsibility not yours or anyone else for that matter.
You have the audacity to call me and leave me a message on my voicemail about this idea that you don't want to cause another woman to be bitter. Are you serious? What kind of women have you been dating? Okay, in case you haven't heard, you are not all that! You are the type of man that expect me to lie down and cower to you just because you winked at me from across the room, blew a kiss and asked for my phone number. That is nothing compared to the weekends I spent in Aspen and the trips to Europe, and the seasonal tickets I have to all the championship games every year. My point, I've had better, and I don't need your flirty behavior to make me feel special. In fact, your flirting made me feel common because you flirt with everyone. Our relationship was not all that great anyway. When I did call you, half the time you never answered the phone. When you did answer the phone, you were too busy to devote your time to a real conversation. After our first date you called me once and that was to say you were going out of town. It was a confusing time for me because you were saying you wanted to spend time with me and be with me, but your actions prove otherwise.
In my experience, guys who usually give mixed signals like this means that they are not looking for a serious relationship. I suspect that is the case with you as well. You just want to lead me to believe that you want a relationship just so you can get sex. You say you looking for love and want someone you can be with, but you refuse to make anytime to be with anyone other than the time you want to spend which is in the bed. If I weren't a smart woman and could not read the signs, I might have fallen for you. But I did not! I am stronger than I look. I understand your situation. You are not emotionally available right now and you looking for a different type of relationship that what I am looking for. You don't have to make excuses of why you do not want to be with me. In fact, if you were just honest up front, then maybe we could have been friends and could have talked about it like adults rather than playing cat and mouse games.
Its okay because I have moved on but I hope that next time you date someone, you will be honest about your intentions and what you are looking for in the beginning. Then, maybe you will up your chances of finding real love. Best of luck to you.