Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Love U, But Not In Love With U

Dear Jon,
I can only imagine how you must feel right now. No, I know how you are feeling because I have been there. I have been the person being dumped. You are afraid to move on and I understand. However, you should really move on and let me go. Really, our relationship was not that serious and if you really took some time to think about it, you would agree! We had some really good times together as friends! There was no romance involved at all. We never even held hands or kissed. You are acting so strange because I keep telling you that nothing has changed and that I don't feel the same way you do. I've heard it plenty of times from you that you want there to be something more between us. But there is just nothing there.
You can't keep showing up at my home without calling first and expect me to drop what I am doing to hear you out. Doing that will not change my mind, it will only drive me away. You call me a hundred times  a day and when I answer you say the same stuff. Let it go! You are making me not want to even be your friend anymore. I get it! You want there to be something more to us. But I'm not looking for more I'm sorry! I don't feel the same way. I like our friendship the way it is.
You know,  if I wasn't a real friend to you I would never tell you this. I would just string you along but you deserve better. You deserve someone who loves you for who you are. You deserve someone that will give you the love that you need and are looking for. You are a really nice guy, and yes I am sure you will fulfill every fantasy I have but, I don't want you to. I would much rather see you love and be loved by someone else who will appreciate what you are willing to offer. That person is just not me. So, you can stand to call me a little less and stop dropping by my house and showing up at my job with roses  because its sending the wrong message to my co workers. Besides, you and I have always been friends, so lets not ruin it with romance. Maybe a few years from now when you are married, I will probably think that you were that one that got away, sure! But for now, its not going to happen.I love you too much as a friend to ever put the burden of romantic feelings on our friendship! 
Look at it this way, if you become my boyfriend, who will I confide in when you and I get into arguments? You are my only friend and if we don't work out, it will be too awkward to remain friends. No, lets keep it simple okay? Just promise you won't do any more crazy and humiliating stuff to embarrass yourself  when it comes to this and I swear we can still be friends if not, then I'm sorry but I will have to keep my distance. I love you but I'm not in love with you!