Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Chance Meeting With Noah Carter

I was walking down the side walk and stopped at the Cross Walk when,

"Excuse me, I really like your hair. Where do you go to get it done?"
 - Supreme Diva Hair Studio on Third and Park Ave....Thanks for noticing. (Sigh) I was running low on funds so I had to get the daily special.

"Well, It looks good on you." (Smile)
 - Thanks! Well it was nice talking to you. I've got to run! (Looks down at cell phone while walking away)

A Chance meeting between two strangers and neither one of us ask for a name. Neither one of us cared. This has happened to me before. I have held plenty of conversations with strangers, even talked to them for hours and not once had I asked for a name. Names aren't important anymore. At least not to me. I'm not good with names and I figure if I never ask for it then I'm not required to remember it. Besides, I think it is creepy to remember someone's name after one short conversation anyway. I think it shows that you care more than you should. Sure some might think that it is hospitable to ask for a name and remember it but I was never the hospitable type. When I was a kid I beat up all my friends who came to visit me for play dates and never allowed them to win any games we played. Hospitality? Its just not my thing. I never asked for his name, but he never asked for mine either. I just assumed he was being nice and trying to flirt a bit.

I was entering the library and decided to sit some place quiet until my business partner calls for the big meeting to pitch our business proposal to some local executives. I sat way in the back next to the window where I could see who was entering because I enjoy watching people. As I turned to grab a chair, I noticed the man I saw at the Cross Walk last week,
 
-Hi! It sure is fancy seeing you here! (smile)

"I know, what are the odds?"

-I'd say 1 in a million! (still smiling) This must be some kind of a sign.

"Ha ha (laughter). Maybe...One may never know unless..."
 -(Phone vibrates) Well it was nice meeting you again. I've got to run! (Cell phone vibrates again. Answers phone while walking away)

"(Smiles) Likewise."

Okay. What are the chances of that happening? I hope he doesn't think that I am stalking him. I mean, running into the same stranger again is freaky and why didn't he ask for my name this time? Okay granted, I was the one that spoke to him first this time but he could have insisted to know my name. (Sigh) Oh well, maybe I am reading too much into it. He's just a stranger and nothing more. For all I know he could be a serial killing rapist! Or he could be the man of my dreams! I mean, he did seem optimistic about what meeting me again meant when I mentioned  it being a sign! Maybe he is Gay. He did notice my hair and asked where did I have it done. What straight man asks a question like that? Or maybe it is worse than I think! He could be MARRIED and was asking about a good stylist for his WIFE!
Ugh! Why me?!? I always meet unavailable guys! With my luck he probably is married.

I was at the night club with a few friends when I felt  a hand caress my shoulder and just as I turn to see who it is,

"Hey beautiful."
 -Oh Wow...Hey What's up? (disappointed)

"Well, actually...I had been hoping to run into you again! So...you are what's up. (Smiles)

- Oh Really! (Uncomfortable laughter)...Well, here I am!

"I'm sorry. I never got to ask for your name. From the way you rushed off a few days ago, I was beginning to think my breath smelled! " (Laughs then Smiles).

-Oh yeah, about that...I had a business meeting to get to. I just ran in the library to wait for the call. Don't worry, it wasn't you that made me rush off! (Smiles at him, then looks away)

"Great! Well, I would love to get your phone number. Maybe we can get together for coffee sometime?"

-Oh sure...my name is Kierston and my phone number is 555-3221. What is your name?

" Noah...Noah Carter."

- Well Noah, its nice to have a name to go along with the handsome smile that I've grown fond of over the last week. Noah....I like it. It sounds so...

-"Biblical! (Burst of mutual laughter) I know...you don't see many black guys with biblical names anymore. Most are made up these days! (laughs)

-(smiles then looks at him) I was going to say refreshing, but biblical will work too! (mutual laughter)

(looks down at watch) "Well, Miss Kierston, this time it is I that must run off! (leans over and whispers)...I will call you."
(the sound of his whispering in her ear causes goosebumps. She is instantly turned on.)

-I will be waiting. (watches him walk away.)

Damn. He is Fine! AND he has a very respectable name. Thank God! Noah Carter sounds a hell of a lot better than Ja'Mericas Browman. I bet he works for a successful law firm or maybe he is a billionaire Advertisement Executive. He dresses very well and smells so good. What was his scent? Burberry? Whatever it was he had me at HELLO! He just might be the man of my dreams after all! This is so cool! I shouldn't have told him I would be waiting for him to call me. That would just make him think that I was too available. Hell, who am I kidding?  I NEED A MAN!!  Noah, Call me now, please!
Oh Snap! He wants to go for coffee...I don't drink coffee! I hope it was just a figure of speech! Maybe he meant lunch or dinner. Oh My God!!! He wants to take me out on a date! What will I wear? I have to go shopping for the perfect first date attire! I know just the place. SAKS Fifth Avenue is having a SALE!!  I'm sure he will call this weekend for sure and when he does, I will be ready! Whew!

(Weekend comes and goes. No phone call)

Ugh! I should have gotten his number. Why didn't I get his number when I had the chance? I hate waiting by the phone. I need to get out of this house. I have been waiting all weekend for him to call me and I hadn't gotten one phone call. I need a distraction to take my mind off of Noah Carter, the handsome stranger. I'm going to the club with the girls tonight. Maybe he will be there again. I'm going to wear the dress I bought from SAKS. No sense in letting it go to waste in the closet.

(Week comes and goes. No phone call)

It is now the weekend and there is still no word from Noah Carter. I feel like I have been stood up. Why do I feel like this? Did he tease me on purpose? I'm so frustrated. I have built this fantasy relationship in my head about Noah Carter. It wasn't real. Nothing was real. All a fantasy. I must have misread all the signs. But he whispered in my ear and called me beautiful!! What kind of person would do that and NOT mean it? He asked me out for coffee..didn't he? Is coffee an acceptable first date or is it a friendly date? Oh man, I can't believe this guy got my head so confused! I am so confused. I thought he was really into me but I guess it was just some guy flirting with me to see if he still got it!
He probably threw my phone number in the trash the minute he got it! And to think I bought a dress for  a total stranger to see me in for just one night!  I spent money on a dress for a date that never happened! I even stopped dating just in case he called me. I wanted to be free whenever he was ready! Noah Carter! More like Know A Carter! He probably gave me a fake name! So,  now am I supposed to go around the clubs and bars asking people, "Excuse me, but does anyone Know A Carter?" yeah, I've just played myself! Can't blame the guy for this one. All me!