Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Teen Spirit: The All-American Teenager

I'm 16 years old and I am in my prime. I'm on the cheer squad at my high school, I babysit my nieces and nephews during the summer so I make my own money. That's how I can afford my trendy school clothes. Everyone admires me and wants to be me. I was voted most popular 2 years in a row and next year I am in the running for most likely to succeed. I am the All-American Teenager. My boyfriend, Sean,  is the captain of the Football team and just happens to be the Quarterback. He is so handsome. When we graduate high school we plan to go to the same college, preferably where ever he gets a scholarship. My parents are hardworking people they know I am smart and very responsible so they don't have to worry about me. They are both Lawyers so their work hours are very long.  So, I spend the majority of my  time at my boyfriend's house.
His mother is a stay at home mom so she is always there. He is the oldest of three. Usually we just go up to his room. His mom is so busy with the younger children, she never bother with us and sometimes she never realizes we are up there. My parents are thrilled that his mom is home all the time, so whenever they call my cell phone to check up on me, I tell them I am with Sean and his mom. I guess that gives them the sense that we are being chaperoned but that can't be further from the truth!
Sean and I have been together since freshman year. Things haven't really gotten hot and heavy between us until he became really good at throwing a football. He had never really pressured me into having sex before. Lately, now that he got all this attention and popularity, girls have been secretly writing him letters, leaving their panties in his locker, and even running up to him after practice giving him their phone numbers. The guys in the locker room tease him on how faithful he is to me. They say he should  date as many girls as he can. I know this because Sean tells me everything. We are best friends, however, I think he told me too much because I had been feeling like I had to compete for his affection with those other girls.
I'm not sure if he had sex with any of those other girls, but I heard one girl in the locker room after cheer practice say that she and Sean had hooked up. Of course I confronted him about it and he told me, that he wasn't getting it from me, so why shouldn't he do it with someone who really loves him. I was so upset with him for a week, and there had been rumors that we had broken up.  So, I had decided to have sex with him. The first time we did it was totally awkward and it hurt like hell, and I remember not ever wanting to do it again. I thought it was suppose to be pleasurable but it wasn't, not at all! All I felt was embarrassed. A few days afterwards, we didn't speak to each other. We just stared at each other in the halls. But never spoke. A month after that, he was dating someone else. By that time I had gotten really sick. I kept throwing up every morning, so I stopped going to school. I had my mom write a note that I had a stomach virus. I couldn't keep anything down for a week. But it subsided and I started going back to school and started back going to cheer practice. Well, I went to try on my cheer squad uniform and it wouldn't fit! I was mortified and totally embarrassed. I got on the scale and I had gained ten pounds. I had to sit this game out because we didn't have any extra uniforms that fit me. Some of the girls on the squad started laughing and one of them said, " I sure hope you aren't preggo!"
Pregnant????? Me? Never! I'm not pregnant. Me and Sean had broken up and besides, I 'm 16 years old! I can't be pregnant! What would my parents think? How will I go to college? Besides, Sean and I only did it once and it was horrible so, anything that painful couldn't be enough to make a baby! But, I had to be sure. So I went to the free clinic on the down trodden side of town. I gave a fake name and they gave me a pregnancy test! POSITIVE!!!! At that moment, my life as I knew it was over.
I couldn't bare the thought of having my parents find out that their perfect daughter had gotten knocked up by her loser boyfriend, so I began to hide my pregnancy. My parents were gone so much that they never noticed. Whenever I had a problem, I would just go down to that free clinic. They gave me vitamins and brochures of adoption agencies, but I just threw them away. Well, one night I began to have pain and I went to the bathroom, it felt like I had to go really bad, so I strained and pushed! I saw blood coming out! Thank God my parents were out on one of their dinner parties because I screamed so loud, I'm surprised I didn't wake up the neighbors. I felt something coming out of me. And it fell into the toilet! It was a baby! I remember seeing a show about babies that you had to cut the umbilical cord so I grabbed the baby, got some scissors and cut the cord, and tied it off with my cheer scrunchie! It was a boy! I shook it to see if he was a live, and he started to cry. I reached for some sheets and wrapped him up in them.
I layed him on the bed while I tried to clean up the mess I had made in the bathroom. I took a shower, cleaned myself up, grabbed the baby and took him to Sean's house. I couldn't bare to see the look on my mother's face if she knew I had a baby. When I got to Sean's house I realized that I never told him that I had his baby. He doesn't know. I left the baby on their doorstep, rang the door bell, and hid in the bushes to see who answered the door. It was his mother! The baby lay crying at the door, she looked down and screamed for Sean! " Call 9-1-1, someone left a baby on the doorstep! Oh My God!".
When she said that, I ran home as fast as I could. I only lived a block away. By the time my parents got home, I had been in bed. For a week I stayed home. Then after two weeks I went back to school.
When I see Sean, he runs up to me, "Hey, you wouldn't believe what happened two weeks ago! Someone left a baby at our house!" I acted surprised! He went on to say that his parents are thinking of adopting the child as their own, because they were trying to conceive another child but were unable to. " My mom thinks it was a sign from God, so she is going to keep him! Now I have a baby brother!" I looked at him, smiled and walked away before I told him the truth! If he only knew that the baby brother he was so excited about was his son!