Monday, December 5, 2011

The Nosy Neighbor

Dear Neighbor,
Thank you for the flowers you sent me. I have been home sick for a week and you are the only neighbor that was thoughtful enough to bring me some soup, magazines, a get well card and a basket of flowers. So consider this heads up as me returning the favor. Now, I am not the one to get in anybody's business but there is something going on over there at your house. Every afternoon, I go out to water my flowers (usually noon because that is when the sun is the hottest).
Well, while I was stepping out my front door, I noticed a car driving past your house. It was a red Volvo with a TALG12 license plate. This car drives by your house every afternoon, however, it always slows down and stops for a minute before driving on. The car didn't have any tint on the  windows so I was able to see who was in the car. It was a woman, and she looked distraught, even angry at times. I don't know if she was talking on the phone or just plain crazy! She always seemed to be talking to herself and banging on the steering wheel like a mad woman!
Now, I wouldn't have mentioned this if she would have just kept driving by everyday. But last night while I was taking out the trash, I noticed her car parked in your driveway. Your car was gone and I thought she might have been breaking in. I was about to call the police when I noticed your male companion and this woman come storming out of the house. They look like they had been arguing. I hid behind one of my bushes so they would not notice me as I looked on. But if they were paying any attention, they could have easily seen me standing there. I was never much good at hide and seek.
Well, he started to hug her, she pulls away and slaps at him. He blocks her hand by grabbing it and pulls her close to kiss her passionately! She tries to struggle, but gives in to him. Well, they kiss like that for a long time. Then suddenly he pulls away reluctantly to looks at his wrist watch, then hurries her into the car. She drives off.
Well, no sooner as she turns the corner, you drive up. He runs out to the mail box as if to look like he had just come out of the house to get the mail. He greets you, by kissing you with the very same lips he just kissed that woman minutes ago! Well, I had just seen enough at that point. I went into the house. It wasn't until then that I realized how close I was to being spotted by them. I was standing right outside in front of my yard and he didn't even scan the neighborhood to see if anyone was watching! I don't think he cared. I don't think he cares for you much either! Take it from someone who knows a thing or two about no good two timing losers. Your man is a loser! I'm telling you this because I too was a victim of a cheating husband.
Well, he was cheating on me long before we ever got married, but I thought once we got married he would change. I thought if we both VOWED to be faithful, then he would be with me and only me. The first year he was faithful, or so I thought. Then, the phone calls late at night started happening again. He began to stay at work late, again. Then the hotel stays on the credit card receipts started up again.
However, the reality didn't set in until, I got a visit from a woman claiming that my husband fathered her baby she was carrying! That was when I realized that it wasn't him that was living a lie, it was ME! I was lying to myself, telling myself we had a happy marriage. I ignored the facts of what I knew just so I could live a lie! I don't want you to do what I did.
I'm sure you have speculations and if you aren't married to him, you need to get to the bottom of it now before you end up doing something you will regret for the rest of your life! You are a good woman. You have always been kind to me and I at least owe you the courtesy of letting you know whats really going on over there at your house when you are not there! I hope you take heed to this letter. God bless you and do the right thing for you, and not everyone else around you.