Friday, December 9, 2011

The Facebook Photos

It was Sunday Morning. Sandra and Stephen had just got home that night after spending a couple of weeks in Paris! It was as beautiful in person as it was in brochures and the food was excellent. Sandra decides to make breakfast so she got up out of the bed and went into the kitchen. When she opens the kitchen door, Stephen walks into the kitchen.
"Baby, I had such a great time in Europe. It was nothing I have ever experienced before. Thanks for taking me." (leans over and kisses her on the cheek)
-"Awe, no problem sweetie. I was happy to take you with me. I'm sure you could use a break from all the tests you had to grade. I'm sure its not easy being an English Professor at an Ivy League college at just 29 years old."
"Speaking of school, I was wondering if you could make those Christmas cookies you make every year. You know, the ones with the pecans in them, I want to take a pan to the college for the annual faculty Christmas party."
- "Sure baby. How many people are attending?"
"A hundred or so..." (pulls out a chair at the kitchen counter. Sits, and opens his laptop computer.) " Babe, how did you post the pictures of our trip on Facebook so fast? We just got back last night!?"
- " Sweetie, come on! Are you serious? You know my camera has a Facebook application that lets you upload images as soon as you take them. The power of technology!" (smiles sarcastically)
"Whatever! I just don't like everyone knowing our every move all the time, that's all. Just be careful!"
-" I know, but its PARIS!!!!  I want EVERYONE TO BE JEALOUS!! " (jumps up and down with excitement)
" Yeah,... that trip was awesome! Well, okay, just this once I can understand!" (leans across the counter and kisses her on the four head)

Sandra  felt on top of the world, like nothing could touch her. It was a beautiful Sunday morning. They sat and talked about the trip and looked over photos while they ate breakfast. Stephen contemplated if they should attend Sunday service at their church, but Sandra decides against it. She was still tired from the plane flight. Besides, what she really wanted was an all day freak fest in the bedroom! She was sure Stephen would be down for that! 
(door bell rings)
Who could that be, they wonder.  Sandra slips on her robe, ties it in the front as she walks to the door.
-"Who is it?"
"Uh..Its me, Todd."
Todd was Sandra's ex-boyfriend who smokes a lot of weed (which is one of the reasons why they broke up). They hadn't been together in three years, however, that never stopped him from sending her inappropriate text messages, and calling her out of the blue. He had also been showing up at her house unannounced. The last time he came, he told Sandra he wanted her back. He said he had been thinking of her and now he realizes that she was his future-his future wife, and there is nothing that she could do to make him stop loving her.
She tried to tell  him that  showing up at her house was disrespectful to his girlfriend, (whom he'd been seeing during their three years apart) not to mention just creepy! He just wouldn't listen. But this time, she had to be firm! she had to look him in the eye and tell him NEVER to come here again!
Sandra opens the door as she looks back to see if her boyfriend, Stephen, had followed her to the living room. He did not. She slips out the front door, shutting it quietly behind her as to not bring any attention to Todd.
She knew Stephen would flip the hell out if he knew Todd was trying to get back with her. Stephen would likely  try to kill Todd if he knew everything he was doing! Sandra couldn't let Stephen get caught up in her drama. She had to get rid of Todd herself.
-" I thought I asked you not to come by here! What do you want?"
"My bad, I just came by because I saw your photos on Facebook...So, I see you went to Paris huh... Who is the guy in the photos with you? Is that your man now?... Is he sexing you better than me? ...You know nobody's gonna love you like I love you.... You and I are meant to be baby!"
-"Okay... I used to think you were just joking around, but now I see you are serious! You have lost your mind! You really need to stay away from the WEED! Go HOME!"
"I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHO THE HELL HE IS!!"
-" Okay... first of all! Keep your voice down ...Second of all, who he is... is none of you damn business! YOU GOT A LIVE-IN GIRLFRIEND! You got a brand new life away from me! LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE! Stop coming around here harassing me over this bullshit!! You are about to make me call the cops on your ass!" (turns to go back inside, but Todd grabs her by the hair suddenly! He pulls out a gun and points it to her head)
"No, Bitch!..Today I am the police!!"


Todd forces his way into the house. Boyfriend Stephen comes running out of the kitchen, but stops dead in his tracks once he sees the gun. Todd points the gun at Stephen.
"Are you the one that is sexing my future wife?! HUH?? ... Tell me or I will put a bullet in both of you RIGHT NOW!?"
(Stephen, utters words, stutters, and stammers. Somehow the words find their way out of his mouth)
" La-la- look man, ya-ya you don't want to do this!....Whatever it is man, we can work it out!  Ja-Just, put the gun down!" ( Stephen's heart palpitates and he suddenly passes out, dropping face first into the hard wood floor)

When Stephen comes to, he is outside, in an ambulance! Todd must have drug him outside. The neighbors must have called 9-1-1. There were SWAT teams, Snipers, and K-9 Units everywhere. He looked around frantically. The EMT, trying to coerce him to calm down. Sandra! Where Is Sandra?! He remembers the last time he saw her, she had a gun to her head! But she must be alive because the police are still surrounding the house!
 Meanwhile, Sandra and Todd are in the house. Todd has the gun pointed to Sandra threatening her.
"You see what you made me do? Huh? When I saw those photos of you and that dude on Facebook, I felt disrespected! You know I want you! Why did you have to go and post those photos of you and some other guy kissing and hugging! (his voice gets louder) I CAN'T STAND TO SEE YOU WITH NOBODY BUT ME!"
 He pulls Sandra close to him, firmly pressing his body against hers as Sandra tries to pull away, but he is stronger!
-"PLEEEAAASE!!!!!! Don't hurt me! I'll do anything you want!" 
"I wanted you to be mine, but NO! So if you aren't gonna give it to me, I'm gonna take it!"
He grabs her by the head, with each hand pressed against her ears, forcing her to kiss him. She screams but the sound is muffled by his lips while forcing his tongue down  her throat. She gags.
-"Todd!!!! Please...don't do this! Please don't do this!..NO!"
"Shut up..BITCH!!..I own you now!! Give me what I want!"
Sandra is frantically trying to free herself as thoughts of rape fill her. She finally gets enough room to knee him in the groin. But it does nothing!
She bites him on the face! He screams and slaps her in the face with the butt of the gun! Sandra falls to the floor. Dizzy with pain, she tries to crawl to the door. He grabs her by the hair, forcefully turning her on her back.
-"Noooooo!!!!" She screams.
He unbuckles his pants with one hand while holding the gun in another! Just as he is about to pounce on her, a shot rang out! Sandra Screams as Todd's blood spatters on her face and  falls to the floor. His lifeless body rests on top of her!
Exhausted with turmoil, she passes out, only to awake three days later in the ICU. Stephen is by her side.
Three weeks later, Sandra is released from the hospital. On the ride home she checks her Facebook status on her blackberry and wonders how something so simple as posting photos on a website could lead to something so horrible. She deletes her entire account!